Sunday, June 11, 2017

Hands

This morning I was looking through my old sketchbooks at the images from years past, memories preserved between paper pages. Every year I would trace my boys' hands in my sketchbooks, marveling at the changes in their size as the years went by. I also saw one I had done of my own hand not that long ago. Thought I'd share it with you.

And here's a drawing of my close friend's hand; one that held mine through the worst and best times of my life. Please, never let go Eve.

2 comments:

  1. These are great! And what a great idea to trace your boys' hands as they grew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I want to think of a way to "string" them all together in a progressive line as a gift to each of them. I think I'm going to teach a class based on this along with head and heart images.

      Delete