Saturday, July 8, 2017

True Love

Everyone knows about my love affair with Alligator River Refuge. This love of mine treats me well. It is always happy to see me, tells me secrets no one else knows about and offers me exquisite gifts every time I arrive for a date. It doesn't care what I'm wearing or if I have gained a pound or two. It is the perfect love.

You also might know of my fondness for antique maps, and after years of looking, I have finally acquired a map of my beloved. So the first subject just had to be my newest acquaintance, the alligator I met not too long ago.

I wanted this drawing to be soft and non-threatening, just as he was the day we first met. Alligators get a bad rap as do many of the other animals I love. So I have rendered this drawing in pencil and neutral colored pencils. The pencil and brush addition on the bottom left of the finished drawing is simply an acknowledgement of my addiction to this enchanting wonderland. Alice would so love this place.



Step One


Step Two


Step Three


Finished Drawing     Copyright E.M. Corsa

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed seeing this gator coming to life on the paper. Amazingly good work here (hope you got more than one copy of the map or made copies so you can do more with other things you see on your "dates" with the refuge :) Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that! I sure did make copies! Let's hope other people like it too.

    ReplyDelete