Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Governors Project

Pardon my lack of posting but I am in the middle of show season. In light of the latest horrors, I decided this might be a good time to catch you up on The Governors Project. I have received letters from two governors which have given me hope. Perhaps the words on these paintings will offer hope to you too.

The captions will tell you what each bird is and who it has been sent to.



Governor Hickenlooper of Colorado - Lark Bunting


Governor Malloy of Connecticut - Robin

Governor Carney of Delaware - Delaware Blue Hen

Governor Deal of Georgia - Brown Thrasher

Governor Scott of Florida - Mockingbird


2 comments:

  1. The paintings and the words are inspiring and give us little glimpses of hope. I am so glad you are receiving some responses and hope you do get many more. This is such an amazing challenge you've set for yourself - and for us (to take heart even in the days of 24 hour tragedy, it seems).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad what is going on in our country and the world too. I don't know what happened or how we got here. But I will not quit. This project will take time but maybe one heart will resonate with my words.

    ReplyDelete